Burden of the Truth: Lyme Photography

It dawned on me yesterday that sometimes words aren’t enough to express what we go through. Words can easily fall short of the hell we endure. Words can fall on deaf ears. Images aren’t quite as easy to ignore. And that was the inspiration behind my new Lyme photography series. It seemed natural to combine two of my passions, photography and Lyme advocacy.

These are the first photographs in the new series.

©Lyme Chick 2o11. All Rights Reserved.

17 Responses to Burden of the Truth: Lyme Photography

1. I find it sad that your pictures don’t even show the full effect. People don’t know about 1,3,6 month or longer daily hospital visits because you’re receiving Rocephin through a PICC line. Thank you for being our voice.

2. These photos are really stunning!

3. Dawn says:

Did the sodium chloride injections work at all? Or was the hex really bad?

4. T.Sink says:

Thank you for showing these pics. I am just beginning the long journey of Lyme Disease. God bless you & I hope you return to a normal life soon!

5. Wendy says:

Great pics…looking at your pics of the bottles reminds me of how hard it is to open the da** pill containers when your hands are swollen and hurting :((

6. Kim Zorn says:

The sad thing about this is that many people I know can not even begin to afford half of those treatments you have shown here.

7. Patty says:

Very nice. Let’s see some nasty ones. The real ones. you know, trying to sleep with a pillow over your face, iv drip, daily car rides (black and white?), is there a way to take a picture of a splitting headache, stiff neck, and constantly hurting, popping, cracking knees? LOL You’re the best girl.. keep up the good work on our behalf. Love ya!
    Patty

8. Patty says:

Oh yeah and don’t forget to get a picture of the 900 million cell probiotics we have to take every night that taste like vomit!! EW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 jkjkjkjk

9. Lily says:

Your photos are stunning. Did all of this become routine for you ?
    Was further medical equipment utilized in your Lyme journey ?
    Thanks, Lily

10. Robin says:

I can never forget coming home every day from work every day, exhausted and in pain, to crack the rocephen bag,stick the needle in the pic line in my forearm, hang the bag on the pole in my bedroom, and lie there why it dripped, dripped, dripped, as my husband occupied our 1 year old. That was 20 years ago. To this day, I still have flares.

11. corinna says:

Good Idea to show what Lyme is through photography. I also love photography, and always thought taking photos of people in their stages of Lyme would be very informative and interesting to others. It would show a true picture of how we live ours lifes while dealing with Lyme.

12. Denise says:

Gee….it appears the pharmacutical (sp?) folks are making out pretty good on us LYMIES…hope we all get better soon……Denise

13. Sierra says:

These photos are GREAT! i have been having the worst lyme night ever. im out of vicodin 😦
    i could probably fill up ,y floor in my room with pill bottles i have thrown away … its sad we all have to go through this.
    With love
    -sierra

14. Angie Wolfe says:

15. Tami says:

Wow….looks like my medicine cabinets! Yah, plural. How bout a stack of pill boxes? I think I’ve gone through about 20 in the last 7 years. Would love to start making medicinal supplies with more artistic flair! Bring on some tasteful colors, patterns, textures! The hot packs, cold packs, blood pressure cuffs, pill boxes, thermometers, canes, walkers, wheelchairs, orthopedic shoes & pillows, eye masks, headphones, sunglasses….I could go on….could all use some good ‘ole tasteful cheer! Clinical is not an uplifting look day after day.
    You are doing such beautiful work capturing the feelings, emotions and experiences of life with Lyme. Thank you for your courage and using your life energy to give voice for so many of us. You are one amazing chick for sure.
    Best regards ~

16. Kelly says:

These photos are awesome! I’m actually shocked to see in the last photo the bottle of “Renelix” because I just went to a naturopathic doctor who put me on a “Basic Detoxification & Drainage Kit” which includes Renelix, Itires and apo-Hepat…in hopes, with other supplements, to build up my immune system (I have Lyme, Babesia, Erlichiosis & Cat Scratch). Do you remember if the Renelix helped you? Thanks, Kelly

17. linda bensing says:

Is it OK for one Lymie to tell another Lymie,’You look great” because you really do. I know how much you suffer and still you present yourself so beautifully. Thank you for that and most importantly, your inner beauty that shines through. You have a way of making me feel so much more at peace as I travel this bumpy road. Thank you!